ICL is established as a non-profit religious organization that is incorporated in the State of California. ICL is recognized as a tax-exempt entity under U.S. Internal Revenue Code section 501(c)(3). Our Federal Employer Identification Number is 94-3235359.
The objectives of ICL are:
- To help and encourage Muslims to acquire Islamic knowledge and culture and to practice Islam as a complete way of life;
- To administer to the religious needs and to provide for the religious, intellectual and social welfare of the Muslim community;
- To strengthen bonds between Muslims and establish a united community;
- To establish contacts and promote cooperation with Muslim societies in the USA and other parts of the world;
- To help Muslim immigrants to establish themselves in the USA and acquaint them with the laws and customs of the country;
- To provide charitable and humanitarian help to the needy;
- To promote better understanding of Islam among non-Muslims through educational and cultural activities consistent with the teachings of Islam; and
- To help build and maintain Islamic Educational Institutions, including but not limited to, a school.